How do I know which test I should take?

High school equivalency certificates are issued by the states. Beginning in January 2014, test options changed – there are now two test options: the GED® test or HiSET®. If you are unsure about which test to take, check with your state’s department of education, a local adult education center, or local community college.

State Tests
Alabama GED®
Alaska GED®
Arizona GED®
Arkansas GED®
California GED®, HiSET®
Colorado GED®, HiSET®
Connecticut GED®
Delaware GED®
Florida GED®
Georgia GED®
Hawaii GED®, HiSET®
Idaho GED®
Illinois GED®, HiSET®
Indiana HiSET®
Iowa HiSET®
Kansas GED®
Kentucky GED®
Louisiana HiSET®
Maine HiSET®
Maryland GED®
Massachusetts GED®, HiSET®
Michigan GED®, HiSET®
Minnesota GED®
Mississippi GED®, HiSET®
Missouri HiSET®
Montana HiSET®
Nebraska GED®
Nevada GED®, HiSET®
New Hampshire HiSET®
New Jersey GED®, HiSET®
New Mexico GED®, HiSET®
New York GED®
North Carolina GED®, HiSET®
North Dakota GED®
Ohio GED®, HiSET®
Oklahoma GED®, HiSET®
Oregon GED®
Pennsylvania GED®, HiSET®
Rhode Island GED®
South Carolina GED®
South Dakota GED®
Tennessee HiSET®
Texas GED®, HiSET®
Utah GED®
Vermont GED®
Virginia GED®
Washington GED®
West Virginia HiSET®
Wisconsin GED®
Wyoming GED®, HiSET®